Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Purple Pelican

Another possible gallery option.

My plan (what plan?) is to keep motivated while I have this time and energy to create. If it happens to form a series or concentration, great. If not, I am not going to worry about it. While I've often felt that my best work comes from the most random acts of painting and drawing, I have truly witnessed it once again with my last two pieces. There's something about letting loose... not allowing the blank canvas to intimidate. Maybe that is why I do so well starting off with an old canvas. I can easily wipe away the previous foibles and make it better than before, without the pressure and "what ifs" of ruining or wasting it.


[Check out] {my watercolor teacher and mentor!}

Steve Strickland (of stevestricklandart.com)



This is my favorite piece of his! It would be a perfect addition to my art collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment