Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Art + Whole Foods


Classic.

I'm not sure who this first piece is by (Kirk, is that you?), but if you've grown up in town you realize how iconic this shot is. Gone are the sleepy days of W-town. This picture gives me such a mixed feeling... it reminds me of being five years old and stopping by the old Treats & Sweets (Dairy Queen back then) for a dilly bar with my Grandma. That place was so run down (ghetttttto), but always drew a crowd late at night or after school. Unfortunately it just got turned into a Bale's. Ugh.




This second piece is by my graphic designer friend -- Mr. X. I've seen a lot of his professional print and web work, so I thought this was just great. I can't wait to see more of his artwork!! I'm still waiting for him to send me a higher res pic, so we can actually see the deails.

No comments:

Post a Comment