I just recently received an email from a good friend living near Osaka. She has been working for over a year at Asics as a shoe designer, which was her dream job while we both studying art a couple years ago. Her sense of fashion was always great, but I was curious as to how that would translate through her while she designed athletic sports shoes. Here are some pictures that she sent me of her recent work:


I really really loveeeee how colorful that first pair is! She says that her designs are already being sold in stores across Europe, which I can't wait to see for myself someday. Until then, I will just have to visit her in Osaka for a view of her Autumn 2011 collection :)
And for the heck of it, here is my artist du jour!

(artwork by Japanese ball point artist Shohei!)
No comments:
Post a Comment