Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sittin' pretty


Time to get the annoying little details out of the way.
I finally got in contact with the woman who has connections to Mary Lou Zeek, of Mary Lou Zeek Galleries! I hope something will come of that, but as of right now my attitude is that which I rarely admit to, which reminds me of an artist from Lanai who lives by this mantra.

If it happens, it happens.

Most of the time this attitude bugs the heck outta me, but really if it's not meant to be that's great. I still have a lot to learn and refine before I get any gallery contracts. I'd rather be a lasting act then a one note show.

In other news, It's sad that I don't still work at the frame store. So long free art supplies and framing hardware! Boo... I realized just a bit late that I only had enough to hang 2 of the 4 pieces that need to go up on Monday. Oops. On top of that, one is a metal frame, which cannot take the traditional screws a wooden frame would. Most places, (even frame stores) do not sell this type, for whatever reason, and instead rely on the not-so-stable alligator clip.

I am making progress on my 7deadlysins contest entry. It will be a digital creation, made to represent all 7 of the deadly sins... and if it goes according to my vision, I might actually make an appearance in the finished piece. Ooo scary, yes I know.

Also, the tattoo to-do list! Phew. I will be glad when these tricky little monkeys are off my back! I might have another large drawing project coming up soon... more on that later~

No comments:

Post a Comment